Memorial Park was founded on March 2, 1929 and is regulated by the State of Ohio and governed by a Board of Trustees. Their vision was to establish a dignified, sacred and time-honored Cemetery, by providing caring and compassionate service to all faiths. The first interment was conducted on October 30, 1929.
Spanning between Harding Hwy and St. Rt. 117, our property consists of 100 acres, 65 of which are currently developed. We offer a variety of burial options from traditional ground burial in one of our monument or garden sections to above-ground entombment in one of our chapel, garden or memorial shelter mausoleum buildings. With over 35,000 property owners, we strive to keep our grounds and buildings beautiful with a vast array of ornate features and plantings throughout the Cemetery.
There are no share/stockholders and no private ownership. No one can derive profit from the Corporation’s funds. Assets of the Corporation cannot be bought or sold as no one is permitted to directly benefit from any such action.
We have been dedicated to serving Lima and Allen County, and look forward to providing exceptional service and care for many generations to come.